Main menu

Pages

Felicity Huffman Sentenced To 14 Days In Prison For College Admissions Scandal



The actress also received an excellent of $30,000 and 250 hours of network service.

Felicity Huffman becomes sentenced Friday afternoon (Sept. Thirteen) to fourteen days in jail, CNN reviews. Judge Indira Talwani additionally tacked a $30,000 high-quality and 250 hours of community provider onto Huffman's sentence. Additionally, she faces twelve months of supervised launch.

“I am deeply ashamed of what I have carried out,” Huffman reportedly stated to the choose. “At the end of the day, I had a desire to make. I could have said 'no.'”

The 56-year-old additionally shared a communication she had with her daughter concerning the college admission scandal. Huffman discovered that her daughter said, “I don’t recognize who you're anymore mother? Why didn’t you think I may want to do it on my own?” Huffman's infant with actor William H. Macy has a gaining knowledge of disability, which brought about Huffman to have interaction in the scam so one can allot more time for her to take the SATs.

“I felt an urgency which constructed to an experience of panic that there was this large impediment inside the way that needed to be fixed for my daughter’s sake,” she wrote in a previous statement. “As warped as this sounds now, I genuinely commenced feeling that maybe I could be an awful mom if I didn’t do what Mr. Singer become suggesting.”

Huffman will file to prison in six weeks. In April 2019, the actress pled responsible to pay $15,000 to William "Rick" Singer to growth her daughter's SAT ratings.

Comments